by Mamidi Harikrishna (harikrishnam at ragalahari.in)
The Film Industry, where creativity meets commercialism, is driven by the success of its products i.e., films, with the audience. One super success of a film give rise to many other such films to come in the pipeline and give encouragement to the other film makers to put their mind, muscle and money on various new projects. The Tollywood, as usual, in the year 2013 had presented a string of Super Hits and Hits in terms of commercial parameters as well as to the critical acclaim, which gave boost to the Telugu Film Industry and to the film makers. The hit films of the year have set new standards, proved the tested formula and opened new avenues too in respect of star-cast, story lines, plot and in portraying the drama and entertainment. Here is the count-down of Top 10 Hits of Tollywood in 2013:
10. Thadaakha : The film is a remake of Tamil “Vettai”. It is touted to be the multi-starrer of the young heroes with the combination of Naga Chaitanya and the comedian-turned-hero, Sunil. The brother sentiment with action backdrop had caught the attention of the audience.
9. Swami Raa Raa : The low-budget film with different screen-play had succeeded in alluring viewers,especially the urban youth. This Nikhil- Swathi Reddy starrer is tried novel style in presenting the very well-known scenes from the hit films of the yester years, into a new one using new techniques. The Crime Comedy has boldly declared itself as the copying is its right and take the Plagiarism to the new heights.
8. Prema Katha Chitram : The film had released with no-expectations, but seen an unprecedented success. Thanks to its creative and new-age presentation of the same old story of the ages. The film revolves around only four characters, where Sudheer and Nanditha played the protagonists. The film successfully opened a new avenue of Horror Comedy in Tollywood!
7. Gunde Jaari Gallantayyinde : The romantic comedy drama played between the two young couple, with its variety style got the accolades from mass and class audience alike. The Nithiin- Nitya Menen combination for the second time proved as the Hit combo at the box-office.
6. Balupu : The much needed success to Raviteja is arrived in the form of this film after a series of flops. The action entertainer added with the glamour of Shruti Haasan and Anjali worked well and became a hit in terms of collections.
5. Baadshah : The big-ticket drama film with all the elements of emotional action and romantic love had guaranteed the audience with entertainment and tasted success. NTR’s performance in three-shades with the beautiful Kajal in his arms is entertained the public. This stylish extravagant and exotic mafia action film presented NTR in a new look.
4. Nayak : This high-octane action film proved the stardom of Ram Charan Tej among the young heroes. The film is a routine masala revenge drama and shown the Ram Charan in dual-role for the first time.
3. Mirchi : The film proved the charisma of Prabhas after some duds. This is a violent faction story with high-adrenalin fights and romance had allured the public. The Glamour Quotient is filled with Anushka and Richa Gangopadhyaya.
2. Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu : The story is based on the Godavari lifestyle and highlighted the family bond in the backdrop of Telugu rural culture. The film credited with the reopening of the doors of Family stories on Telugu Silver screen after a long gap. Moreover, the film paved the path for the real multi-starrer with the big combo of Venkatesh and Mahesh Babu, where they played as the siblings in the film. Prakash Raj as the father, walked out with all the praise, while Samantha and Anjali added their beauty in the frames.
1.Attharintiki Daaredhi : The film has broken all the previous records in terms of commercial success. Pawan Kalyan and Samantha have teamed up for the first time and succeeded in creating a magic on screen. The movie focused on the family values in a modern, stylish milieu in different manner. The so-called ATTHA- ALLUDU formul had been redefined with this film and drove the theme of family reunion, with all the ingredients of comedy and entertainment!